Maria van Oosterwijck (1671). Wallerant Vaillant. Oil on canvas. Rijksmuseum Amsterdam.
Vaillant, (1623-1677), was a painter of the Dutch Golden Age and one of the first artists to use the mezzotint technique, which he probably helped to develop.
Maria van Oosterwyck (1630-1693). Dutch Golden Age. Baroque. Still life studies, including flowers, glassware, coins, musical instruments etc., are characterized by immense detail and by the skilled rendition of light and reflections. Van Oosterwyk enjoyed the patronage of European royalty including Louis IX of France, the Elector of Saxony, Emperor Leopold and King William of England.
11 Notes/ Hide
- txevk reblogged this from books0977
- monsieurleprince likes this
- carloslil reblogged this from mycolorbook
- carloslil likes this
- mycolorbook reblogged this from books0977
- mycolorbook likes this
- desvandelecturas reblogged this from books0977
- coeurdelhistoire reblogged this from dapper-raptor
- dapper-raptor reblogged this from books0977
- books0977 posted this